About Custom Drapery Service Meet Verna & Mark Ridley
About Verna Ridley
Background, Skills and Qualifications:
2012: Proprietor of Custom Drapery Services; Managing a sewing room creating unique custom draperies, valances, upholstered cornices, bedding, pillows and shams on a wholesale bases for area designers and retail businesses including Ennis Fine Furniture; Carole’s Design House; and Inspired Living.
- Broad network of suppliers and contractors including a highly qualified and skilled drapery installer with 28 years of experience
- Custom upholstery
- Computerized long-arm quilting
- Ability to furnish drapery lining, interlining and hardware
1980-2012: Proprietor of Designs West Interiors; 13,500 retail showroom, warehouse and sewing room, creating custom draperies, valances, bedspreads, bed skirts, pillows and shams, managed 15 employees. In 2012 I closed the retail store for semi-retirement.
- Scale of projects include: Awarded nationwide contract for Draperies and valances on 250 windows throughout the Idaho State Capitol Building.
- Areas of projects beyond Boise include: Custom window coverings and design in McCall, Sun Valley, Scottsdale, San Juan Islands as well as custom draperies in Wisconsin for Warren Sheets Design.